1. Booking Terms and Conditions
Summer Nights Film Festival is owned and managed by QUAD Ltd, Market Place, Derby, DE1 3AS.
All tickets purchased for Summer Nights Film Festival are directed through QUAD’s Box Office system and you are entering into a purchase agreement with QUAD Ltd.
When you book a ticket for an event or screening at Summer Nights Film Festival you agree that the following conditions shall apply to your booking:
- The information on this Website is correct at the time of submission to the Website. It is your responsibility to ascertain whether an event or screening has been cancelled or rescheduled. We will make all reasonable attempts to promptly notify purchasers of any such cancellation or rescheduled event but make no guarantees in this respect.
- We reserve the right to ask for proof of status for concessionary tickets at any time.
- Only holders of tickets purchased from our Box Office, or our official ticket agencies, will be admitted to an event or screening.
- You must not purchase tickets except for personal use and you represent and warrant that tickets are not purchased as part of any form of a for-profit business or commercial activity unless we have expressly authorised otherwise in writing.
- We reserve the right to make adjustments and alter programmes, special offers and incentive rates at any time without notice.
- You consent to the filming, photography and sound recording of your participation in any event, as a member of the audience. It is your responsibility to inform a member of staff at the event if you do not want to be filmed or photographed.
- Recording by you of any kind is strictly prohibited during the screening, without our prior written consent. It is a serious criminal offence to copy or attempt to copy any film or other copyright material, punishable on conviction with an unlimited fine and imprisonment of up to a maximum of ten years.
- It is your responsibility to check your tickets when you book as mistakes cannot always be rectified.
- It is your responsibility to check any age restrictions relevant to any events or screenings advertised by Summer Nights Film Festival.
- Save in respect of liability which cannot be limited by law, our liability to you pursuant to these booking conditions is limited to the face value of the ticket purchased.
- All tickets purchased are non refundable except in the event of QUAD and Summer Nights Film Festival cancelling the event in it’s entirety.
- Smoking is not permitted in any area of the audience. Designated smoking areas may be provided at some venues
- Dogs are not permitted at any events unless they are assistance dogs.
2. Online Ticket Booking
- Tickets for films and events at Summer Nights Film Festival are sold by QUAD at the prices displayed for the relevant performance and the amount payable for them will be debited immediately from your credit or debit card. By requesting tickets through the Website you are placing a booking request for them on these Terms which are only accepted and binding on us once we have debited your card and sent you a confirmation booking reference which will be displayed on your screen and emailed to you.
- In the case of tickets being offered for sale at the wrong price on-line (i.e. at a higher or lower price than is applicable at the box office) we reserve the right to insist that the tickets are refunded and the correct prices charged.
- Once a booking is confirmed the ticket is non refundable. Any issues should be raised with QUAD Visitor Services.
- Tickets booked online will offer three methods of collection: Print at home (free), collection from QUAD Box Office (free) or Royal Mail Recorded Delivery (charged).
- Tickets purchased under a print at home agreement will be emailed to the email address provided at the time of sale and should be shown at the entrance to the event on a printed page or on a mobile phone, tablet or other device for scanning. Mobile signal is not guaranteed at any venue so tickets shown on a mobile device should be saved as a PDF or screenshot prior to arrival. Customers arriving without a valid copy of their ticket may be refused entry.
- Tickets selected for collection from QUAD should be collected at any time from when the booking is made until 48 hours before the event start time. You will need to bring either the card you paid with or a note of the booking reference to collect your tickets.
- Children’s tickets are offered for sale on the Website. In accordance with our General Terms you must bring proof of status or age with you to the cinema to collect the tickets and to gain admission to the event or screening.
- Children’s tickets must be selected at the time of purchasing to claim any discount. It is not possible to amend the booking once it has been completed.
- Bookings made on the Website are encrypted for security. However, you acknowledge that the Internet is not entirely secure and whilst we will take reasonable steps to safeguard the security of any card information you impart, we shall not be liable for any damage you may suffer as a result of the loss of confidentiality of any such information.
- You acknowledge that the cancellation rights contained in the Consumer Protection (Distance Selling) Regulations 2000 (as amended) do not apply to the services we offer.
3. Refusal of Admission
- We reserve the right to refuse any ticket holder admission to (and/or eject such person from) an event or screening.
4. Cancellations and Refunds
- We regret that no refunds or transfers can be given under any circumstances, save where a ticketed event is cancelled by QUAD.
- Where screenings are cancelled we will endeavour to exchange tickets for an alternative screening in the festival where possible.
- You acknowledge that the cancellation rights contained in the Consumer Protection (Distance Selling) Regulations 2000 (as amended) do not apply to the services we offer for advance sales of tickets.
5. Age Restrictions
- Entry to films and events is restricted by the classification given by the British Board of Film Classification or others. We are required to refuse admission to anyone who is below the minimum age required by the relevant classification.
- Anyone can be admitted to films classified as U or PG
- Children under 12 can be admitted to films classified as 12A but only if accompanied by an adult (i.e. someone over the age of 18).
- Nobody under the age of fifteen can be admitted to films classified as 15
- Nobody under the age of eighteen can be admitted to films classified as 18
- Children under 12 and under must be accompanied by a parent or guardian (aged 15 or over) at all times.
- Children under the age of five will be admitted without charge. Free tickets must still be purchased for each child under five.
- We reserve the right to require you to prove your age with appropriate photographic ID if you are going to a 12A, 15, 18 film. If you are unable to prove your age you will be not be able to watch the film and will not be permitted entry to the event. We reserve the right to ask for such proof at any time you are at the event.
- If you buy a ticket for a film before we know its classification and you are not old enough to be admitted to the screening once the certificate is confirmed, we will issue you with a full refund.
These booking terms and conditions are governed by English law and subject to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.
7. Customer Services
Should you wish to contact us, please write, email or call Visitor Services, QUAD, Market Place, Cathedral Quarter, Derby DE1 3AS or 01332 290606 or [email protected]